loading Loading, please wait...

How to Verify a Professional's License in Boise City?

The Idaho Division of Occupational and Professional Licenses oversees the licensing of eligible professionals in the City of Boise through 47 accredited boards and commissions. In addition to getting licensed by the appropriate licensing boards, specific building professionals like HVAC, public works, plumbing, and construction manager contractors must also be licensed by the Idaho Division of Building Safety. Before you hire professionals in the city, it is your responsibility to ensure that the appropriate licensing agency has duly licensed them. You can verify if a Birmingham professional has been duly licensed by utilizing the licensing and registration search look up a professional's license tools provided by the Division of Occupational and Professional Licenses and the Division of Building Safety respectively.

In addition to obtaining a state-issued license, building professionals must obtain the proper building permits for the projects they are hired for through the City of Boise's Planning & Development Services Building Division. You can contact this department at (208) 608-7070, or you can send an online message to make inquiries on the city's permitting requirements and procedures.

Do Boise Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

The City of Boise has 34 established neighborhood associations voluntarily created by members of the community. These neighborhood associations work with the city to build more vibrant and thriving neighborhoods for their residents. However, the neighborhood associations in the City of Boise do not issue licenses or permits to residents. Nonetheless, they come together to work on common goals aimed at strengthening the development of their communities. The city also empowers these neighborhood associations to enable them to take on projects that will enrich the quality of life of their various residents and encourage strong community bonding. In July 2021, the City Mayor picked 12 neighborhood associations that qualified for the city's investment improvement program to fund their community development projects. In May 2020, the Central Beach Neighborhood Association expressed its support for the city's plan to use the land situated at Franklin Road and Orchard Street for a mix of retail space and multi-family rental units to aid affordable housing. To find the neighborhood associations available in your neighborhood, you can use the city's neighborhood associations directory.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Boise?

Residents of the City of Boise can file complaints against a professional for unfair business practices with the Consumer Protection Division of the Idaho Attorney General's Office by completing an online complaint form. You can upload evidence to support your claim when completing your online complaint form. Alternatively, you can mail a completed complaint form and copies of evidence to support your claim to:

  • Consumer Protection Division
  • 954 W. Jefferson
  • 2nd Floor
  • P.O. Box 83720
  • Boise, ID 83720-0010

You can use the Consumer Complaint Information pamphlet provided by this office to guide you when filing this complaint. You can contact the Consumer Protection Division at (208) 334-2424 for further information regarding the complaint process. Note that the Idaho Attorney General's Office can not offer you legal advice and guaranteed restitution. Therefore, if you intend to seek restitution, you should employ the services of a lawyer to get good legal opinions on available legal options. You can get lawyer referrals via the online referral platform maintained by the Idaho State Bar or contact the State Bar at (208) 334-4500 for more information. However, if your claim is for an amount that is not more than $5000, you can file an action without a lawyer at the Ada County Small Claims Court.

Professions in Boise City