loading Loading, please wait...

How to Verify a Professional's License in Meridian?

The regulation and licensing of professionals in Meridian is handled by the Idaho Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL). The DOPL regulates over 204,000 professionals across Idaho through more than 45 occupational boards and commissions, including the Idaho Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Landscape Surveyors and the Idaho Contractors Board. When you decide to embark on a project, getting a professional duly licensed by the DOPL is generally a good idea if you want to ensure that your project is executed to a good standard. You can verify the license of any professional you want to hire by visiting the Licensing and Registration Search portal maintained by the Division.

Alongside ensuring that you hire a duly licensed professional, certain projects might have other requirements that you must satisfy before commencement. For example, if you are engaging in a residential, commercial, or industrial project that involves plumbing, structural, electrical, or mechanical work, you will need to obtain a permit from the Meridian Building Services Division. You can make applications for permits online using the city's Citizen Access Portal. You can also call the Division at (208) 887-2211 or send an email for inquiries.

Do Meridian Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

Meridian Neighborhood organizations and community-based groups are volunteer organizations that partner with the city's government and officials to promote programs and champion initiatives that help develop their neighborhoods and contribute to better living standards across the city. However, these organizations do not have any authority to issue permits or licenses to any resident, group, or business. In March 2021, construction began on a second license renewal office within the City of Meridian. The new licensing office, upon completion, will have 16 testing stations and 16 customer service stations with ample parking spaces. Also, the Meridian city council has been asked to make a decision on the proposed annexation of over 40 acres from the Shafer View Terrace project. The city's decision on whether or not to annex this property hinges on the outcome of SB 118, a property tax bill currently in the Idaho Legislature that seeks to limit local government spending to 75% of construction and annexation taxes.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Meridian?

If you have been the victim of unfair or misleading business practices in the City of Meridian, you can file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division of the Office of the Attorney General of Idaho. You can file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division online using the Division's online consumer protection complaint form. After completing the form, you should make sure that you upload any supporting documents you might have, such as receipts, emails, contracts, bills, and other related documentation. If you are unable to complete the form online or would prefer to complete a paper copy, you can download a complaint form, which should be mailed to the Division at

  • Consumer Protection Division
  • 954 W. Jefferson, 2nd Floor
  • P.O. Box 83720
  • Boise, ID 83720-0010

The dispute resolution process offered by the Division is voluntary, and as such, the Division cannot compel any party to respond to a complaint or take a particular line of action. After your complaint is received, it is sent to the business complained of for a response, following which the resolution process is started. You should note that the Attorney General's Office cannot institute legal actions on your behalf or provide you with legal advice. In situations where the Attorney General files a civil action as a result of a complaint, this is done on behalf of the State of Idaho. Note that the complaint process may take months to be completed. As such, if you want a speedier remedy, you might be better off filing an action at the Ada County Small Claims Court. Also, if you decide to wait till the conclusion of the complaint process but end up dissatisfied with the outcome, you can still file a legal action against the party named in your complaint at the Ada County Court.